Monday, August 6, 2007

Two moments in time

Today of course is Hiroshima Day. [Hiroshima Peace Park ]

The day in 1945 the US dropped a bomb called "fat boy" on the sleeping people of Hiroshima in an effort to make peace. (A clue to the ways of peace in America)

Anyway as I contemplated the date - 8/6/7 - a very somber occasion, this silly thing occurred to me.

[Here we go again with the crazy date numbers.]

Next month on my (grandmother's birthday) at some point it will be -

9/8/7 6:54:32:10, twice of course।

Link to an audio file (MP3) of this posting, here.

2 comments:

Ted said...

I kinda like the idea of hearing you speaking the text on short posts like this -- does hearing your own voice recorded sound strange to you?

richard said...

Yes. I go both ways. I'm not afraid of my recorded voice but I like an opportunity to minimize the uhs and ems.

I'll try and get more vocals on here soon.

Labels