Monday, July 30, 2007

What type of type am I?


Today I am working with a few problems, those related to the end of the Summer term, the upcoming Fall schedule and next Spring's 2008 list of classes that still has to be thought up. As the program coordinator for the Multimedia Studies Program & the Digital Media Production, both at SF State's College of Extended Learning, I have my hands full.

This is an image I created a while ago from a public domain owl and Photoshop. Not too difficult an example of this mighty software. Nothing really compared to the masters of the software like Bert Monroy. In fact we just opened a room at our Downtown Campus' Open Lab of his Photoshop paintings that are world class. If you are in San Francisco come to SF State Downtown Campus to see it.

Why owls? They scare pigeons and as someone who is a little shy of pigeons, I'm impressed. Owl was a tolerant friend of Winnie-the-Pooh. When I was super young we had this idea my mother was fond of these sentinels of the woods. So, on Mother's Day or a birthday we'd get her owls: carvings, pictures, pencil sharpeners, etcetera. Then one day she mustered the nerve to tell us she had grown weary of all these birds. Ever since then, I sometimes wonder if those people who fill there lives and rooms with unicorns or pictures of Elvis are just afraid to speak up and say something for fear of not getting anymore gifts at all. Everyone knows me as an Owl Person, so I must be one. I have fallen into a few types in the past, myself.

I was more Marx Brothers fan than Stooges fellow. I was an Alternative Rock person. I call myself an Omnivore. I'm still a No-Mushrooms-Person. I'm a lefty, I'd like to be called quirky, funny, hard to understand. In elementary school my bad grades came with the evaluation: "He asks good questions".

That's it for now. Got to attend to my job, which at this point does not include this. Thanks for reading. -- rs

No comments:

Labels